Thursday 2 October 2008

An evening walk.. with myself

After a long time nature mercifully provided the opportunity to take a walk in the evening. I strolled on the wet pavements of edgbaston enjoying the soft red rays of the setting sun filtering through the multi-coloured autumn leaves. The chirruping birds, distant howling of the wind, and occasionally passing by cars. It was peaceful. Even at the lake there weren't many people, 'wasting' their time; after all saturday evenings are for doing far better things! It was so peaceful there, that i lost track of where and why i am going. It was perfect to set upon a new journey, a journey to explore the 'self'.

What makes me happy or sad or angry or neutral? I was happy at that moment, talking to the trees, as i walked around the lake, smiling at the ducks, and imagining my smile reflected back from their faces, i was happy. But why? I wanted to know. There was something in that moment that was missing in my life for a long time. But what? I don't know. But it was a moment of self enlightenment. Suddenly life was beautiful again. I was a different person. I was happy. But why?

May be that is the answer. The problem is never around us, it is 'in' us. The problem exist because we allow it to exist. We don't let it go off our brains, and there it stays, ruling our actions and reactions in all its glory!! But the moment we stop giving it the importance it is enjoying, it goes away, like smoke from fire vanishes away in thin air. And that is the route to happiness.

We feel good after sharing a bad experience with a friend. It is actually not them, but their presence that make a difference. Their 'physical' presence defocus the brain from the problem, that we have been worrying for a long time and there you are!! That is probably what i experienced. I was happy because i was at peace with my 'self'.

On a lighter note to end this post, i would say remember to go on a walk when you are in trouble. It might help you, just the way i benefited!! :)

Good luck!

2 comments:

Varun said...

Walk for life :).
What you see outside is mostly reflection of what you have inside. The serene views of Edgbaston just catalysed your want for happiness. Keep taking such walks, these are vital vitamins for scientists :D.

Smriti Mahajan said...

I'm with you on this one! :)

Thanks to the vitamins, and minerals like 'YOU', scientists like me survive!! Thank u.