Thursday 25 September 2008

Lost and found

No, no I haven't lost my luggage or wallet or my mind either, for that matter! A quick look at the calender this morning reminded me that its exactly 2 years today that i first stepped out of home, alone, into an unknown land (UK that is, in case you are unaware of my life's history!), for a purpose which always has meant a lot to me. When I took the first step and my biggest dream was about to turn into a reality. This very thought brought with it a lot of memories of the past and as is human nature i got into evaluating what i lost and found during this journey.

I lost the family life, the good times with friends, but achieved a lot too! Met great friends here, a fatherly figure, with whom i share such a complex relation that i am never sure to address him as a friend or not; and introduction to several cultures of the world, some of which didn't even existed for me before this moment and finally.... i now proudly introduce myself as an ASTRONOMER. Traveling across Europe (Germany, Canary islands, Ireland, Spain to name a few) and meeting people from across the globe has been an amazingly pleasant and thrilling experience. We all grow up, at some point in our lives, but for me the process is precisely confined in these last 2 years.

The journey has been beautiful one, though with mixed emotions. I now find people more precious than they ever were to me. I value time spent in their company more than anything now. I understand what it means to live 'for the moment'.

Love u all, a tough journey has been a pleasant one because of you and i hope the rest of it will become easier too. Take care!

2 comments:

Varun said...

Journey is many times more rewarding than the destination.
So enjoy these moments!
Best of luck.

One more blogger said...

Sometimes physical distances bring people more closer!! :)
Hope your journey always remain pleasant one.