Saturday 7 March 2009

'They' will get used to violence?..

It's quiet some time now since I have been thinking about this and the thoughts do appear 'randomly' in my write-ups too, terrorism. It just disturbs me virtually all the time, day and night. The very alien thought of humans killing human for something they are not even sure of, or for something they believe 'guards' us all. I know it is depressing and most of us do not have much time to think about beyond the critical circumstances of our own ridiculously complicated lives, but I still think about it, I can not help it.

God, the creator, the supreme, the all almighty, they use it's name to ruin mortal lives, destroy minuscule moments of happiness and tear apart memories. It agitates me to hear when people say that the next generation will 'get used to' this violence. Used to Violence? Why do they want to be engaged in a race of faith? Why can't democracy, the freedom of expression and opinion be uniformly defined? Why does it need to be politicized for a momentary good to few? It makes me feel sick, at heart and in my stomach.

I know I am not doing anything to stop it, probably I can not, but I don't want to blame those who have the responsibility either. My optimism tells me they are trying, hard. I am trying to imagine a morning when I will get up without a fear for the safety of my loved ones. When I will travel without losing hope of reaching the destination. When well-wishers will not stop me from returning back to the land I belong to, just because they want me safe and happy. The day I will be happy in the world I dream of, but find it very hard to imagine at the moment. The happy, peaceful world I have faint memories of from my childhood. I hope I will spend a few years of my life in my fairy-tale world.

No comments: